Magic team up with Disney for Christmas Day activities
Orlando, Fla. – The holiday spirit will be taking over Amway Center on December 25, as the Orlando Magic and Walt Disney World Resort are teaming up to create a magical holiday experience when the Magic face the Boston Celtics at 2:30 p.m. The first 5,000 fans in attendance will be treated to a special giveaway, which will include Orlando Magic rally rackets and tote bags from Disney.
The Magic, who hold a 4-1 record at home when playing on Christmas Day, will be taking on the Celtics in Orlando on Christmas Day for the second consecutive year. The meeting between the two teams will mark the eighth holiday contest for Orlando and the third consecutive season the Magic have shared the holiday with their fans.
In addition, The Orlando Magic will celebrate Christmas in a BIG way for a third consecutive year, surprising a local family during halftime. The Magic and team partners will shower a family of eight with gifts and other items to assist them through difficult times.
Other highlights of the Christmas Day activities include:
· Larger than life inflatables of Snowman Mickey and Minnie outside the Amway Center will welcome guests.
· The Voices of Liberty from Epcot will perform the National Anthem, sing carols in the Disney Atrium prior to the game and perform at halftime.
· Mickey Mouse will make a surprise guest appearance.
· A pregame gift exchange, where all players will be giving gifts to members of the Disney Boys & Girls Club following the National Anthem.
· Prior to tip-off, an Orlando Magic player will address the crowd.
· Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus will be roaming the concourses to take photos with fans throughout the day.
· A holiday-themed Fan Fest will open at 12:30 p.m. on the north side of the arena.
Brian Serra is the founder of MagicBasketballOnline.com. You can follow/add him on Twitter and on Facebook. Compare pricing and find the cheapest tickets for all future Orlando Magic games using TiqIQ.