Magic fight back J-Will tears, power pass Pacers
The Magic were able to overcome the emotional distress of the Jason Williams release in Indianapolis on Thursday night, to easily defeat the Pacers by a score of 111-96. The victory would be the 200th W for Stan Van Gundy as the Head Coach of the Magic.
The Magic were keyed by a huge second half where they dropped 38 points and led at halftime 62-48. They played sloppy in the first half and turned the ball over 10 times, but fortunately they were shooting lights out from three point range. The Magic had 9 threes at the half including 4 from Ryan Anderson. Anderson had 14 at the half and decided he was tired of scoring for the night and just stopped there.
The Magic were led in scoring by Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson who both finished with 19 points. Hedo had 18 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turkOOP and 1 airball. (turkOOP= an alley thrown by Turk to Dwight)
Stats of the night:
- The Magic improved to 14-6 since the big trades.
- The win streak for the Magic is now at 1. They also snapped their 1 game losing streak.
- Jason Richardson surpassed the 13,000 point mark in his career during the 2nd quarter.
- Jason Williams surpassed the 100,000 mark for career fans he pissed off.
- Ryan Anderson won the Subway Sub of the Game for the 11th time this season. 86% certain that number is correct.
The Magic are back in action Friday night in Chicago against Derrick Rose and the Bulls. The tip is set for 8pm EST and will be televised locally on Sun Sports.