Magic post highest Sun Sports rating since 2002 – The Carmelo Effect continues
Still arguing that superstar teams are bad for the league? Well, they certainly are NOT bad for television ratings.
- Last night’s Orlando Magic 116-110 win over the New York Knicks generated the highest rating for an Orlando Magic regular season game on Sun Sports in nearly a decade.
- Sun Sports’ telecast of the game (7:00-10:00pm) posted a 4.7 avg. HH rating (68,731 homes) in the Orlando/Daytona Beach/Melbourne market, according to Nielsen preliminary overnights.
- Last night’s game on Sun Sports peaked during from 9:30-9:45pm at an impressive 6.0 avg. HH rating (85,732 homes).
- The last regular season game to post a higher rating on Sun Sports was on January 30, 2002 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers, which generated a 5.8 avg. HH rating in the market.
- The previous high this season was a 3.9 avg. HH rating (55,944 homes) on December 21, 2010 vs. the Dallas Mavericks.
- Through 29 game telecasts on Sun Sports, Orlando Magic ratings are up 30% over last season (same number of games).
You can follow Magic Basketball Online on Twitter and add MBO on Facebook to get the latest story updates! Compare pricing and find the cheapest tickets for all future Orlando Magic games using TiqIQ technology!