Turkoglu deep dishes the Magic past the Nets
The Magic beat the New Jersey Nets 95-85 tonight to secure their 5th straight win. There isn’t too much to say about tonight’s game as the Magic were in control for most of the game tonight despite a poor 3rd quarter.
The biggest news tonight was that Jameer Nelson left the game with a sprained left knee and did not return. Nothing was known immediately at the end of the game and Stan Van Gundy said they would know more on Sunday when they practiced. It doesn’t appear to be too serious.
Let’s take a look at some of the positives and negatives from tonight:
– Hedo Turkoglu. Turk finished with 20 points and 13 assists and the Magic rode his pick and roll game the entire 4th quarter before they pulled away late.
– Snoggle. Ryan Anderson’s three point shooting was big tonight as Ryno dropped in 5 bombs from deep. He finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds.
– The Nets are REALLY bad. They are even worse without their best player Deron Williams who is still out with a wrist injury.
– Balanced scoring. Five Magic players scored at least 14 points. Dwight led the team with 21.
– Lack of turnovers. The turnovers have been a huge issue lately for the Magic but they took good care of the ball tonight and only turned it over 11 times (5 from Dwight).
– Jameer Nelson didn’t return to the game after halftime after spraining his left knee. Super negative.
– Quentin Richardson didn’t play due to back spasms which I have unofficially blamed on him having to carry around all that extra beard weight. J.J. was also out for the 8th straight game. Daniel Orton missed his 73rd straight game.
– The 3rd quarter body language for the Magic. It was TERRIBLE. I’m talking Josh Smith level terrible.
– Gilhon (Gilbert Arenas + Chris Duhon) shot 3-19 from the field. For #@%$’s sake……….
– Dwight Howard’s free throw shooting. 7-18. Missing 11 free throws is NOT a good way to convince folks that you deserve the MVP.
– The Magic have won 7 straight against the Nets and 14 of the last 17.
– The Magic have performed much better this season against the Eastern Conference. They improved to 31-12 against the East after the win tonight.
– In response to a question about BEARDFEST 2011, Gilbert Arenas told me not to expect anything like he had in Washington. He emphasized that a lot of hard work went into that beard and it took him an entire summer.
The Magic are back on the road Monday night as they go for the season sweep of the Knicks in New York. The tip is set for 7:30.
You can follow Magic Basketball Online on Twitter and add MBO on Facebook to get the latest story updates! Compare pricing and find the cheapest tickets for all future Orlando Magic games using TiqIQ technology! You can now download the MBO app in the Android Marketplace by searching for Magic Basketball Online.